The first question after scheduling a session is “What should we wear?”
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your session.
- Try to avoid busy patterns on clothing as well as cartoon characters or clothes with any words.
- Pick an outfit for one person with a simple pattern and colors you like, and then coordinate everyone else from there.
- Pick a neutral, a common color, and a pop of color.
- You’ll want to look great from head to toe, so don’t ignore the footwear. When in doubt, go barefoot.
- I recommend newborns to be nude or in a diaper cover only. No matter the size, clothing tends to swallow a newborn and can look very awkward in a photo. A nude (or diaper covered) newborn will ensure timeless photos that you will cherish for a lifetime.
- I encourage parents and siblings to be a part of the newborn session. With that, I recommend very basic clothing, solid color shirts, and either jeans or khakis.
I’m a visual person, so here are some examples to get your stylish juices flowing.